Registration for the Fall 2020 Season has closed!
We are offering baseball, basketball, flag football, soccer, volleyball and girls softball.
ALL SPORTS ARE CO-ED (except for girls softball).
- $55 early registration (July 27 – Aug 2)
- $65 registration (Aug 3 – Sept 13)
- $75 late registration (Sept 14 – Sept 22)
- July 27 – Aug 2 – Early Registration
- Aug 3 – Sept 13 – Normal Registration
- Sept 14 – Sept 22 – Late Registration
- Sept 22 – Registration Closes
- Oct 2 – Rosters Released
- Oct 5 – Practices Can Begin
- Oct 10 – Coaches Clinic
- Oct 24 – Games Begin
- Oct 31 – Games
- Nov 7 – Games
- Nov 14 – Games
- Nov 21 – Games
- Nov 28 – No Games
- Dec 5 – Games, Playoffs*
- Dec 12 – Championship Games*
*Tournament Divisions Only
**Some divisions may have a bye week
- Gilbert & Chandler – Mesquite Junior High
- This location will serve most of Gilbert and also Chandler families north of the 202.
- East Mesa – Desert Ridge Junior High
- This will serve all east Mesa and many East Gilbert families.
- Queen Creek & Chandler – Payne Junior High
- This location will host games for teams from Queen Creek, South Chandler and South Gilbert
We use your child’s age on August 31, 2020
- Soccer – 3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9*, 10-12*
- Flag Football – 5-6*, 7-8*, 9-10*, 11-12*, 13-14*
- Volleyball – 7-9*, 10-11*, 12-14*
- Basketball – 4-5, 6-7, 8-9*, 10-11*, 12-13*
- Baseball – 3-4, 5-6, 7-9, 10-12
- Girls Softball – 7-9, 10-12
*This age division participates in a tournament
PRACTICE TIMES & LOCATIONS:
- Practice times and locations are arranged at the coach’s discretion. Each team practices when and where they choose. Practices are generally held outside.
- *AZYS does not provide teams with practice locations
GAME PLAY FORMAT:
- Soccer – Rec-style, Tournament style for older divisions only
- Flag football – Tournament style (beginner to advanced)
- Volleyball – Tournament style (beginner to advanced)
- Basketball – Tournament style (beginner to advanced), rec-style for younger divisions
- Baseball/Softball – Rec style (beginner – intermediate)
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED BY PARENTS:
- Soccer – shin guards, shorts, shoes, soccer ball. Cleats and soccer socks are optional.
- Flag Football – mouthguard required, pants/shorts, shoes, football. Cleats are optional.
- Volleyball – knee pads, black shorts, shoes, volleyball.
- Basketball – mouthguard recommended, shoes, shorts, basketball.
- Baseball – pants/shorts, shoes, glove, batting helmet. Bat and balls are optional.
- Girls Softball – pants/shorts, shoes, glove, batting helmet. Bat and balls are optional.
Team Shirts are provided to all players.
Hats are provided to Baseball/Softball only.
Please view the rules for the appropriate sized ball needed for your player.
We are always looking for new parent coaches. Please consider volunteering to coach your child’s team!
- 50% off one child’s registration
- Free coaches shirt
- The league will provide some equipment for some sports for practice
- Sample practices and playbooks are available to all coaches
Many teams will play 1-2 away games during the season. These are generally within 5-10 minutes away from your home game location. All games are in the East Valley.
Full refunds may be issued if requested in writing BEFORE rosters are released. From then on, only future credits are awarded.